Buhari condemns South-East killings, asks public to provide information

President Muhammadu Buhari on Saturday condemned the killing of non-indigenes and law enforcement officials by terrorists in the South-East.

President Muhammadu Buhari on Saturday condemned the killing of non-indigenes and law enforcement officials by terrorists in the South-East.

According to a statement signed by presidential spokesman Garba Shehu, the President vowed to undertake all possible action in conducting a speedy investigation to bring the perpetrators to justice.

Shehu said the President’s reaction came amid reports of “the slaying of six Nigerien citizens and the brutal killing of a number of policemen at their duty posts.”

Four police officials were killed in Imo on Saturday after gunmen attacked a police station.

The President urged community and religious to speak more forcefully against the killings.

“Those who know should point at specific people who did this,” the President was quoted to have said.

“He expressed his administration’s unwavering commitment to peace and stability in the southeast and the entire country, saying that the reports of killings anywhere were sad and unwelcome,” the statement added.

“He offered his condolences to the families of the law enforcement agents murdered and to the government and people of Niger Republic whose citizens were cruelly beheaded by the beastly attackers.”

Total
0
Shares
Related Posts
Read More

FIRSTBANK ‘WIN BIG’ PROMO ENDS WITH EXCITEMENT AS MILLIONAIRES EMERGE

First Bank of Nigeria Limited has rewarded six of its customers with N1 million each at the fourth and grand finale of its ‘WinBig’ promo draw held at its head office in Lagos recently. The promo, which kicked off in October last year, was one of the biggest campaigns in the financial industry with FirstBank targeting to give out N170 million cash rewards and recharge cards to customers who participated and met the criteria to qualify for the monthly draw selections.
Read More

Sanwo-Olu empowers artisans with modern working tools, as Lagos graduates 2,000 in up-skill programme

For Pa Fawole Johnson Alade, there is no age too old to learn. The 76-year-old concrete and block craftsman from Igbogbo-Baiyeku Local Council Development Area (LCDA) makes the list of graduands churned out by the Lagos State Government, on Tuesday, in its up-skill programme for tradesmen and artisans in informal sector.