“It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.”
Education’s purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one. Education is the ability to listen to almost anything without losing your temper or your self- confidence.
Enlighten the people generally, and tyranny and oppressions of both mind and body will vanish like evil spirits at the dawn of day.
The mind is not a vessel to be filled, but a fire to be ignited. It must be remembered that the purpose of education is not to fill the minds of pupils with facts… it is to teach them to think, if that is possible,
and always to think for themselves.
As a chairman, he feels he has a moral obligation to help the children in our classrooms grow toward becoming full human beings and to feel successful.
Teaching cognitive skills is not enough…
Good schools, like good societies and good families, celebrate and cherish diversity.
That is one reason FBO choose to put children’s education a key point during his first tenure in office.
In education it isn’t how much you have committed to memory or even how much you know. It’s being able to differentiate between what you do know and what you don’t. It’s knowing where to go to find out what you need to know and it’s knowing how to use the information you get. The following are some of education program implemented.
- Renovation of several schools under Onigbongbo LCDA.
- Organized workshops and seminars for teachers severally to equip them with new approaches to education.
- Organizing quiz and debate among schools that helped Opebi Primary School during his tenure to have won the popular Spelling Bee Lagos State competition and “ONE DAY GOVERNOR”
- Computers where donated to schools and re-training of teachers periodically on ITC.
- Uniforms where distributed to pupils in our schools.
- Organized and sponsored free talent show, where children showcase different talent and the winners sent to South Africa .
- Encouraged and sponsored sporting activities. Central Primary School during his tenure won the CHANNEL KIDS Football Inter-School competition and also 1st Lagos FAB 5 football competition won by Abule Onigbagbo Primary School respectively.