Lionel Messi confirms move back to Barcelona

Lionel Messi said he will return to live in Barcelona with his family when his time at Paris St Germain was over.

Lionel Messi said he will return to live in Barcelona with his family when his time at Paris St Germain was over.

He said he would like to help the LaLiga club in the role of a technical director.

Messi ended a two-decade stay at FC Barcelona, where he was their record scorer with 672 goals, in the off-season he joined PSG on a free transfer on a two-year deal.

“What is almost confirmed … is that we are going to live in Barcelona again and that our life will be there,” the 34-year-old Argentine said in an interview with Spanish outlet Sport.

“It’s what my wife wants and what I want. I don’t know when my contract with PSG ends, but we’ll go back to Barcelona to live.

“I always said that I would love to be able to help the club … I would love to be a technical director at some point. I don’t know if it will be at FC Barcelona or not.

“If there is a possibility, I would like to contribute again because it’s the club that I love and I would love for it to continue doing well, to continue being one of the best in the world.”

Barca, who are ninth in LaLiga, sacked coach Ronald Koeman last week.

Messi limped off injured in PSG’s 2-1 win over champions, Lille, on Friday, but coach Mauricio Pochettino is hopeful he will be available for this week’s Champions League game at RB Leipzig.

Total
0
Shares
Related Posts
Read More

PEPT Judgment: NPF Strenghtens Deployment, Reiterates Commitment To Protection Of Lives, Property

In its bid to fortify security architecture and forestall any breakdown of law and order across the country as a result of the forthcoming Presidential Election Petition Tribunal Judgment scheduled to be passed on Wednesday, September 6, 2023, the Nigeria Police Force has strengthened its deployment across the length and breadth of Nigeria.