NEW YEAR MESSAGE; IN THE NEW YEAR, LETS REMAIN UNITED AND DELIBERATE IN OUR ACTIONS TOWARDS GENUINE GROWTH
1) Dearest people of Olorunda LCDA,
It is with the deepest level of joy and gratitude that i congratulate and welcome you to the new year. Every new year witnessed is a landmark of grace, but even more so, surviving the topsy-turvy year 2020 and witnessing year 2021 is in itself a huge grace, victory, hope, and indeed a sign that although we are not to be here on this earth forever, we are amongst those who are graced and have another chance to leave a significant landmark on mother earth.
2) That we were able to weather all the storms of 2020 puts our strength as a people in perspective. We were not only able to survive the challenges, we were able to record remarkable progress still.
3) As we joined the world and the federation to battle major challenges such as the girl-child abuse and domestic violence, COVID-19, and #Endsars protests, we were indeed amongst those to fare a bit better and that is testament to our resilience, the ability to follow established protocols, and the unflinching protection of God Almighty.
4) Thankfully, in the thick of it all, we were able to forge further together, albeit slowly, but progressively. We continued to make repeated and calculated sacrifices not losing sight of our reality and the promises made during our campaign.
5) To God be the glory, it was not the year we planned, but with your support and prayers, it is safe to say that we were not handicapped by the challenges of 2020, we made notable progress.
6) In the last year, we continued in our quest to erect new and revamp old infrastructures.
During the course of the year, we were able to;
-Complete and equip Our Lady of Apostles Primary School, Ojogun.
-Complete Ultra-Modern Primary Health Centre, Araromi-ale.
-Continue our periodic free and intensive skill acquisition programs.
-Give periodic cash support for widows, the aged and the needy as is characteristic of this administration.
-Acquire official vehicles for Heads of Departments
-Acquire official vehicle (Bus) for NULGE, Olorunda Chapter.
-Reconstruct Area Office, Iworo.
-Reconstruct Customary Court, Iworo.
-Conduct road-grading, sandfilling and other forms of palliative works on selected roads as we have done every year.
-Provide clean water plants (Boreholes), in each of the five(5) Wards of the LCDA.
-Continue the construction of an Ultra-Modern administrative edifice at the Council Secretariat (Fast approaching completion).
-Begin the construction of a block of classrooms in Mowo Primary School.
-Provide desks and benches for schools across the LCDA.
7) The foregoing are in addition to the following achievements recorded before 2020 of which some are recurrent;
In the Education sector we:
-Constructed a block of classrooms in Anglican Primary School, Ilogbo-Eremi
-Built Salvation Army Primary School, Ikotun-Ashe
-Built a Primary School in Morogbo
-Gave out free GCE forms to hundreds of students across the five(5) wards.
We also gave bursaries to hundreds of beneficiaries yearly, hosted annual Spelling Bees as well as the distribution of exercise books to thousands of students and many more in our education-support program.
8) Health Sector:
We held free and intensive medical outreach periodically. There, our people benefited from medical check-ups and free drugs to address their medical conditions.
We have also constructed:
-Ultra-Modern Primary Health Centre in Obele-Mushin-Esepe.
-Mini Health Centre, Iworo.
9) In the Area of Youth/Women Empowerment, Poverty Alleviation and Humanitarian interventions, we:
-Gave the Engr. Rauf Aregbesola Skill Acquisition Centre (ERASAC), Ibereko a befitting facelift.
-Recorded over 1000 beneficiaries in our periodic free and intensive skill acquisition programs (recurrent).
-Gave small grants to SMEs (recurrent).
-Distributed sewing machines, grinding machines, clippers, hair-dryers, refrigerators, power-generating sets, food stuffs etc (recurrent).
-Constructed an Ultra-Modern Marriage Registry in Ibereko.
-Gave periodic cash support to widows, the aged as well as rendering timely assistance to the needy (recurrent).
-Visited and rendered timely assistance to orphanages and homes for the less privileged periodically (recurrent).
10) On ease of administration, we ensured the following in order to improve working environment and boost productivity, we:
-Constructed Ultra-Modern Area Office, Morogbo.
-Constructed Ultra-Modern Area Office, Ibereko.
-Constructed Ultra-Modern Staff Canteen at the Council Secretariat.
-Completed the NULGE Office at the Council Secretariat.
-Constructed Ultra-Modern Legislators Office Complex.
-Acquired cars for members of the Executive and Legislative arms of the Government to ease movement.
11) To give much needed boost to the economy, we built:
-Ultra-Modern Market in Morogbo.
-Constructed Ilogbo-Eremi road (900meters).
-Constructed Magbon road (800meters).
-Distributed Transformers (Five (5) communities benefited at our 2years anniversary celebration).
-NIMC Enrolment office, Iledu Araromi.
12) On security, we ensure a seamless relationship with the security agencies, and this has helped us to be on top of security-threatening situations significantly. We have also:
-Constructed an Ultra-Modern Police Station at Ilogbo-Eremi.
-Done regular repairs and maintenance of patrol vehicles (recurrent).
-Donated new patrol buses to the Police Force.
-Donated welfare packages to encourage the security agencies periodically.
-Iworo Police Station fencing.
-Facelift of Area K Police Command Chapel.
13) In the area of Staff Motivation, we do the following periodically:
-Significant cash prices for staff of the year (Senior and Junior).
-Awards and gifts to Outstanding Staff and Departments (Yearly).
-Bonuses during festive periods and many more.
14) In all of these, one would find that we are highly committed to boosting our administrative results, hence, the conscious and significant investment towards the motivation of our workforce.
15) Although, 2020 did not allow us to enjoy the desired effect of those investments, the signals were promising and we remain committed to ensuring that a productive system is established and given room to thrive.
16) It is a long way, but we are far from where we started and it is imperative that together, we find strength in how far we have come as we turn our attentions to the new heights waiting to be conquered in 2021.
17) We are already recognized as a fast-developing LCDA, let us build on that and continue to create new records of our own to the astonishment of the rest of the world.
18) On a final note, remember to celebrate responsibly, bearing in mind that the notoriously popular new wave of COVID-19 is still very much alive and must be stopped in its tracks. Practise all protocols prescribed by the relevant authorities; maintain social distancing and practise proper hygiene together with the constant use of alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
We shall defeat COVID-19.
Be excited and optimistic, it is going to be a great 2021.
Happy new year!